The FAQ page shows the following topics:
Listed below are the questions that we are asked quite often.
- How much does your component cost?
- May I try the product before I buy?
- Do you sell your product using royalty free runtime license?
- Our subscription is about to expire. How can I proceed to renew?
- Our subscription is expired. How can I proceed to renew?
- I am registered user of the eXSuite package but there are a number of missing components, for which I have a development license key for. How can I get them?
- I am registered user of the eXSuite package, but seems that the version of the component in the package differs the one that you list on the web site?
- I am registered user of the eXSuite package, but I am missing development license keys for the new products. How can I get them?
- Can you confirm that your components have no external dependencies?
- Can I use the /COM version without registering on
the client machine?
- Are your controls built from scratch, or do you simply
wrap Microsoft objects somehow in your own wrapper?
- Can your component be used in VBA ( Excel, Word, ... )?
- Is your product able run either on a win98, winme, win nt
4, win 2000, XP, Vista or Windows 7 platform?
- What are the differences between retail and site version?
- Can we use ActiveX controls to build applications under
- Can I use one of your controls if I haven't worked with ATL
- I am using the OLE View tool on a client machine and I
get the error: $80040112, when I am trying to see your control?
- When I try to insert an Exontrol library to my VB project,
I get "Permission Denied"?
- I have installed the product, but I am not
able to see the product into Project\Components dialog?
- I have installed the product, but the sample folder
is empty or missing?
- I have installed a trial/demo version, but I am not
able to run any of the installed samples?
- How do I uninstall the component from my machine?
- Is it possible to install the components from a batch file, so no user interface is
shown ( /silent install )?
- Vista, DEP (Data Execution Prevention) and
AccessViolationException or Attempted to read or write protected memory.
- I have installed the trial version of eXTree/COM,
eXEdit/COM, but it gets " You must have a license to use this ActiveX control."
or " Class is not licensed for use" while trying to place it to a
form. What is the problem?
- I tried to install separately the exHelper tool, but it says that the it requires newer version for
eXEdit/COM, eXTree/COM. What can be done?
- I have purchased the registered version but my
application still show "This message doesn’t appear in the registered version".
What can be wrong?
- DLL/Assembly Name Convention
- Trojan: Win32/Fathale.B!plock
- (64-bit) I have installed the MSI file on my x64 system, and I
got "Unable to load DLL : The specified module could not be found. (Exception from
HRESULT: 0x8007007E)". What can be done?
- (64-bit) I get the "Class not registered (Exception from
HRESULT: 0x80040154 (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG))" when running the form with your /COM/ActiveX control?
- (64-bit) I get "Unable to load DLL : The specified module could not be found. (Exception from
HRESULT: 0x8007007E)" when trying to run your samples of /NET Assembly component?
- (64-bit) I get "System.BadImageFormatException: An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format. (Exception from
HRESULT: 0x8007000B)". What should i do?
- (64-bit) I get "cannot find file" for /NET or
/WPF / "Class not registered (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040154 (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG))" for /COM. What can I do?
- (64-bit) All your samples work, but I can not insert the component to my project as it is not listed in COM Components page of the IDE (toolbox items)?
- (64-bit) How can I verify that the process is running on 32 or 64-bit?
- (64-bit) How can I ensure that a dll is a 32 or 64-bit
- (64-bit) Does your control works on Windows 64-bit?
- (64-bit) Do we need to take separate licenses of the control for 32-bit and 64-bit?
- (64-bit) Should I use 32-bit or 64-bit version of the
- (ALL). How
can I use the control's Template page?
- (ALL). X-Script /
( for /COM components )
- (ALL). X-Script /
( for .NET assemblies )
- (ALL). How to change the
visual appearance for the control ( skinning the component ) ?
- (ALL). Building CRD (Custom Row Designer)
strings ( excrd download )
- (ALL). ENCODE64: How can I get the BASE64 encoded strings from my files (icons, pictures, EBN files
) ( eximages
- (ALL). ENCODE64: Your encoding
is different from the standard BASE64 encoding, i.e. 176 characters versus 1100 characters (standard
encoding). Can you clarify?
- (ALL). DECODE64: I have a BASE64 encoded string,
How can I see what it contains?
- (ALL). How can I recover or view the EBN file from a BASE64 representation as I've seen in the Template form?
- (ALL). The control displays no icons when using
BASE64 encoded strings on Images method. What am I doing wrong?
- (ALL). The
icons doesn't look too good when dragging the icon's file to the control's
- (ALL). No
icons are displayed when I use the ctrl.Images =
MSComCtl.ImageList.hImageList, on my Windows XP
- (ALL). I have a
HICON being extracted using the LoadImage, LoadIcon, ExtractIconEx API functions.
How can I use this in your control?
- (ALL). If we print the control's content to PDF (with FreePDF or Acrobat), the area of the icons
is black. Is there something we can do?
- (ALL). I am having problems with getting the component to work on our Intranet. What can be the problem?
- (ALL). Using
Exontrol components in Internet Explorer
- (ALL). I
have come across a situation where the control is not repainting itself when
hosting in a property/sheet page or other control. Any ideas?
- (ALL). What options do I
have in order to change the control's font?
- (ALL). The
left edge of W is chopped off. Is there anything that can fix it?
- (ALL). How do I find my
runtime license key?
- (ALL). I
am trying to use "Forms.ComboBox.1" as an user editor ( FM20.DLL
), but KeyDown, KeyUp events are not fired. What am I doing wrong?
- (ALL). It
is possible to define a transparent color for a picture?
- (ALL). Memory Leak (Stress
- (ALL). The component
looks ok on screen, but it is different when showing on print preview. What
can be done?
- (ALL). I have an urgent issue with the component. How fast you can get it fixed?
- (ALL). How can I put a
transparent picture (PNG picture), on the control's background using the
- (ALL). How to load a hierarchy using the control's DataSource property?
- (ALL). I get "The recordset must support the bookmarks. ( Supports( adBookmark ) = True
)" when trying to connect to MySQL database. What could be wrong?
- (ALL). Drag-and-Drop
operations for /COM components
- (ALL). Text/Value
- (ALL). HTML Formatting
- (ALL). Extending the
- (ALL). EBN String
Format, or using the BackroundExt and BackgroundExtValue properties
- (ALL). URL
- (ALL). Layout property /
Decoding / Encoding / BASE64
- (ALL). DPI-Aware
- (ALL). ADO/DAO/Object-Field/Value
Licensing, Deploying and Distribution
- What files do I need to install on the client machine?
- How to Generate Assembly Manifest File (Registration-Free)?
- Where I can find the redistributable files ( dll, ocx, net, wpf files )?
- Is there a way to check if the component is already registered?
- I've just installed the registered version ( /NET Assembly ) after I purchased from you, and my mockup application does not show my data, as it did using the trial version. What's wrong?
- I get an "Invalid License Key" error when I use the key from my registration email. What am I doing wrong?
- What's the policy on upgrades and updates to the
registered controls. Are all new versions supplied free or is there a charge
for certain version number increases?
- May I use your controls to create controls of my own?
- The application works ok on the development machine, and doesn't work on the client machine. Is there anything I can do?
- How can I get the control dependencies?
- Where in the installation process do I enter the license
- How do I build a CAB file?
- I received the CAxWnd class, and I need to know how to
- May I start developing an application using a DEMO
- How can I create at runtime a licensed ActiveX control?
- If I try to register a dll or ocx file using rgsvr32 I
get "DllRegisterServer in ... Return code was 0x8002801C"?
- I have installed the product, using
Administrator account, but when I use another account, the control tells me
that "License information for this component not found, You do not have
an appropriate license to use this functionality in the design
- You do not have an appropriate license to use this
- Is your control marked for safety?
- I've installed my application ( which uses one of your
components ) to a client machine, but when I try to insert a new control to
a Form I've got "You have no license for this ActiveX, contact its
supplier", "License information for this component not found. You
do not have an appropriate license to use this functionality in the design
environment", "The ActiveX control cannot be instantiated."
or "The ActiveX control could not be instantiated because it requires a
design-time license". Am I doing something wrong?
- For some reason, we have lost the setup / development
license key / runtime license key / changing the registered email address.
What it is possible we can do?
Licensing, Deploying and Distribution