Exontrol ExTree Component
® Copyright 1999-2018 by Exontrol. All Rights Reserved.
Add an enhanced ExTree component to your
application. The ExTree provides the entire range of capabilities you would expect to see in a
state-of-the-art Tree component. The ExTree control simulates a simple tree, a
multi-column tree, a list or a listview control. The exTree component lets
the user changes its visual appearance using skins, each one providing an
additional visual experience that enhances viewing pleasure. Skins are
relatively easy to build and put on any part of the control.
Features of the full version include:
- Print and Print Preview support.
- WYSWYG Template/Layout Editor support.
- Skinnable Interface
support ( ability to apply a skin to the any background part, including the
scroll bars )
- ActiveX hosting (you can place any ActiveX component in any item of
- Multiple Levels Header support
- Sorting by Single or Multiple Columns support
- 'starts with' and 'contains' incremental searching support
- ADO and DAO support
- Filter support
- Filter-Prompt support, allows you to filter the items as you type while the filter bar is always visible on the bottom part of the list area.
- Filter-On-Type support. Ability to filter items by a column, as you type.
- Ability to filter items using patterns that include wild card
characters like *, ? or #, items between two dates, numbers, checkboxes
with an easy UI interface.
- Ability to filter items using OR, AND or NOT operators between
- Conditional Format support
- Computed Fields support
- Ability to load and generate template files.
- OLE drag and drop support
- Multi-lines tooltip support, XP shadow effect
- Mouse wheel support
- Multiple selection
- User resizable columns
- Formatting columns support
- Drag and Drop columns support.
- Events from contained components are fired through to your program using
the exact same model used in VB
- Locked/Fixed columns support
- Ability to load icons or pictures from BASE64 encoded strings
- Multi-lines items support
- Ability to assign multiple icons to a cell.
- Any cell supports Built-in HTML format.
- Partial Check Support. Built-in checkbox reflection to reflect that state
of children, parents.
- Locked/Fixed items support.
- "Split Cells" support.
- "Merge Cells" support.
- Divider items support
- Not selectable items support
- Unlimited color options for cells, items
- Different font for any cell or item
- Cells can be formatted individually, or via columns or rows
- Radio buttons, images, check boxes
- Column alignment right, left, or center
- Hot Tracking Support.
- Background Picture Support.
- Transparent Selection Support.
of the frequently questions are here, and the list is updated each time when
a new version is released.
- and more
The COM/ActiveX configuration provides ANSI and UNICODE versions and . NET compatible.
The .NET Assembly is by default a UNICODE.
The lite version of the control does NOT support the followings:
- Print and Print Preview
- ActiveX hosting
- Sorting by Multiple Columns, Only Sorting By Single Column is supported
- Multiple Levels Header
- Filter support
- Splitting and Merging Cells
- Locked/Fixed Items
- Not Selectable Items
The properties, methods or events that are not supported in the lite version
are marked using /*not supported in the lite
exTree is a trademark of Exontrol.COM Software.